Monday, January 5, 2009

Urlaub, 3. Teil--Icy Hike of Death




The day after our tour of Kromeriz, Alice took us on what I like to call the icy hike of death. Going up wasn't too bad, and our final destination was a very nice church. We also enjoyed some hot wine at the top of the mountain.


The way down was a little more treacherous. I slipped and fell on my butt a few times, and at one point made the decision to just slide down a few meters on my butt so I wouldn't fall on it. Liz, the other non-Czech Smithie actually got injured, but not too badly, and she took it like a man. I was proud of her. The Czechs have amazing mountain skills. There were some people who were just running down the icy hill. I was impressed. We lived to enjoy some hot tea and more cookies (these people with their Christmas cookies!) at Alice's grandmother's house. Czechs are very friendly, unlike the mean Germans. ; )

To see further pictures of the Icy Hike of Death and Kromeriz see: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2056775&l=cc5f8&id=5900900

No comments: