Friday, January 2, 2009

2. Teil--Kromeriz

Kromeriz is the town that Alice lives in. It's a very pretty little city, complete with a castle and a small zoo. There were some bunnies there. I tried to speak German to them, thinking maybe they would understand German better than English, but they just ran away, possibily scared by the German language. I just wanted to tell them how cute they were. They were not friendly like Flöckchen, mein Lieblingskaninchen (my favorite bunny). Here's the main square of Kromeriz.



There's also a wine cellar there, and we went on a tour with a bus full of old people. The tour was in Czech, so I had no idea what was going on. Alice translated for us, but it was hard for her to translate everything, even with her incredible translation skills. I do know the word for wine, so it was exciting to recognize one word out of the now approximately 12 Czech words I know. At the end, there was a wine tasting, which was delicious. At the end, there was a wine tasting, which was delicious. This winery exists because way back in the day, an archbishop gave some people the permission to produce wine with the condition that they give him a lot of it every year. Some of this wine is kept in this cage guarded by a statue of the bishop:



This barrel holds 20,000 liters of wine. That's pretty impressive.


At the end, there was a wine tasting, which was really the best part. I tried to smell the wine, and give the impression that I'm a wine expert, not someone who buys wine that costs less than 2 Euro. I think I just looked dumb.


No comments: