Today, on an early morning train to drop off Jesse at the train station in Cologne, I tried to take off my glasses to clean them. I had barely touched them when I heard a snap that echoed through my life. The arm had snapped. I can't say that I didn't see this coming. Various incidents over time had bent the poor plastic as much as it could take. I really liked these glasses. The shape, the color, the way the nose bridge part was narrow. In fact, in 2004 my glasses fell into a river in the infamous I-Poked-A-Hole-In-A-Whitewater-Raft-with-a-Kayak-Incident. I tried to buy another pair, but none of them filled the need left by my glasses that have now been eaten by a poor turtle (or something), and I had them special order a pair that was exactly alike.
Now I am forced to wear my contacts, something for which I am way too lazy. I guess I do have the option of looking like an idiot with my one-armed glasses, but German girls are already so much more well-put-together than I am, so I don't want to make that worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment