Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Das grosse Kürbis Kochen Abenteuer (the Great Squash Cooking Adventure)

So some of you may be wondering what I did with my two giant squashes. Well, the first one was made into a puree in which I used too much cinnamon. I love cinnamon so much that I get carried away sometimes. We ate the puree at the Amerikanishe Wahlparty, held the weekend after the election (Matt, we here in Leiffarth are still hoping for your Blog Eintrag).

The second hung out in the kitchen under the watchful eye of Medicat until the top started to go soft and I realized it was now or never for the Kürbis. I decided yesterday to make butternut squash ravioli with a hazelnut brown butter sauce, after cutting off the gross part of the squash, of course. Making ravioli is a little time intensive, but the results were pretty delicious.


I have some leftover squash puree, which I think will be turned into Butternuss Kürbis Spätzle (an Emeril recipe) and soup, maybe with apples. Or maybe just soup. I haven't decided yet.

1 comment:

Gatsby said...

Hey, I like your blog. I'm trying to learn how to cook international food + I totally majored in Chemistry in college.