After Berlin, it was off to Copenhagen. I've always had fond associations with Denmark--Hans Christian Andersen, the Danish butter cookies in the blue tin that Grandma always bought, and I had seriously considered studying abroad there. I ended up not studying there because I took intro chem and choose chemistry over Denmark (who does that? I guess it was the right choice.) So I was really excited to head up north with
Ashlan,
Marty,
Matt and
Miya, especially since I only paid 15 Euros for the flight from Berlin and 29 Euro for the train (inc. train ferry! more on that later!)
We arrived in Denmark without event and settled into our hotel, which turned into one giant bed. The next day, we woke up and headed to the National Museum to check out the history of Denmark.

The Nationalmuseet was great and very thorough. The above picture is a real Danish couple's living room from the 70s. It had a lot of detailed information about the couple and when they git married.

This is a pastry I ate as lunch/snack. It was so intensely buttery that the grease bled through the bag to the point where there was basically standing grease on the outside.

The cheapest thing you can buy to eat in Denmark--only 19 Kroner including bun. That's about 2.50 Euro or $3.30--still a little steep for a hot dog that you buy from a trailer on the street, especially when it's such a baby hot dog.

I loved taking pictures of boats and colorful houses along water. Everything was so pretty! It made photo editing difficult at the end.


Our viewing of art was interrupted by an especially shrill fire alarm.

Fortunately we were allowed to continue. Someone probably just burnt some popcorn.

We were endlessly amused by the Slutspurt signs. It apparently means something like final clearance.

7-11 is apparently more popular in Copenhagen than in Northeastern Ohio. Who knew??

OMG! I can see myself and my friends multiple times.

Christiana, the free hippie town in the middle of Copenhagen. Unfortunately, we didn't get to explore much because
someone got scared of the fact that there were non-threatening drug dealers.
After a mad dash to the train and I really mean mad dash, we miraculously made it onboard, and were on our way to the train ferry. Unfortunately, there was some sort of construction work on the tracks, so we had to load on a bus and did not experience the train boat docking process, which was going to be the highlight of my trip. But, we did see the train tracks in the hold of the ship, and that was almost enough.

Leaving Denmark on the train ferry. I'm leaving on a train ferry...
No comments:
Post a Comment