One day when I was not working in lab, I counted the days left until I return home on July 31. Today is the 100 day mark. I will not go into too many thoughts and feelings at this point...I will save that for the end. Instead, here are two lists--one of the things I miss about America and one of things I think I will miss about Germany.
Things I miss about America
apple cider
contact solution with the flippy lid
Pandora--my music taste is not growing
Watching TV shows online for free in high quality without Chinese subtitles
Sam Adams Summer Ale
my family
Max the dog
solvent delivery systems, analytical grade solvents, stockrooms that are open more than two hours a day, taking my own NMRs
getting a free credit report
Things I will probably miss about Germany
baked goods, particularly the Brötchen and a good German breakfast
Kölsch
the apple juice from my roommate's garden
carbonated water not ever being seen as elitist
high speed trains
Überweisungen (bank transfers)--a logical and efficient system for paying for things, much better than checks.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Crazy talk, pure crazy talk. Only 100 days...that's enough to define a presidency! I know I'll miss flashing a look of bewilderment on a regular basis.
Post a Comment