That's Czech for Merry Christmas! I am taking a break from the "meanness" of the Germans and spending my Christmas break in the Czech Republic.
Here are some highlights so far (I will elaborate and add photos later):
-2 hours in Prague. I had about two hours between my train to Prague and my bus to Brno, so I decided to do some sightseeing while lugging around my bag. In my 2 hours, I took 90 pictures, which I think is pretty impressive. Prague is really beautiful and we are going to be making a trip there tomorrow to do the city some justice.
-the refilling cookie plate. I am staying with Alice, a Smith friend, and her mother seems to be worried that we are not going to have enough to eat. There is a plate with delicious Czech cookies and when it gets empty, her mom comes to refill it. She always putting some kind of food in front of us.
-the snowy hike of death. We went on a hike up to a church on top of a mountain. It was icy and treacherous, but a lot of fun.
-various forms of hot wine. I am not sure why Americans haven't hopped on this trend. Weihnachtsmarkt Glühwein is not the best tasting stuff in the world, but homemade is really tasty.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment