Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Berlin

After getting back from the States, I immediately went to Berlin for what was supposed to be the highlight of my Fulbright year, The Fulbright Berlin Seminar. If it was the highlight of my Fulbright year, it was because it was a free reunion with my Marburg friends and they put us up in a really nice hotel and fed us a lot. The Seminar itself was fairly lame.


This was the view out my hotel window.

The Bundestag. The line was too long, so we didn't go in.

The Brandenburg Gate

The Holocaust Memorial


A "gemütliche Cafe" (of the kind we don't really have in Aachen) and Marty taking a nap as we prepare for our journey to Copenhagen.

Berlin was really great, and it was so much fun to be reunited with the Berlin Fulbrighters I hadn't seen since Marburg, as well as everyone else. I'm definitely planning on another trip to Berlin before I leave.

No comments: