Sunday, September 21, 2008

Herkules

Sorry to leave you all hanging on that last one. This post will likely be less epic than originally planned (fortunately for you, dear readers).
The Herkules monument is the center of Wilhelm IX's Schlosspark. Our entire day...no, our entire lives led up to this point.


Germans sit with their lovers at the feet of giant monuments
on Saturday afternoons. That is the life.

Normally, water cascades the whole way down--about 250 meters. Due to it being fall or the construction, the water was unfortunately turned off. Luckily, we weren't there for the water. As we began our ascent we were enthralled by the view of Kassel. However, everytime we reached a new level, the view was even more amazing.
Zum Beispiel:



The steps just kept going. Even the Germans were a little out of breath, so you know it had to be hard. We kept ourselves motivated by singing "I Can Go the Distance" from Hercules. And by we, I mean Katie, Matty, and Halley. Due to Mama Davis' Verbot on Disney movies, I had no idea what they were talking about.

At the top, the view was even more amazing:


We were greeted not only by a spectacular view, but also by Herkules himself.



This post was indeed not as epic as planned, but I must move on and document the rest of my German adventures.

No comments: